Top 10 Phonics Videos
I love to use YouTube in my classroom as a teaching tool. Let me preface this post by saying I did not make any of these videos, nor do I know the people who did. These are simply ones I have found as I search and thought I would share my searching skills with you. So, that being said, here are 10 great videos to use for teaching phonics skills:
10. Short Vowel Song – This cute jazzy song reviews short vowel sounds.
9. Long Vowel Song – This little song gives lots of great examples of words with the long vowels.
8. Letter Sound Song – Great little song with a picture and sound for each letter.
7. Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Video – Good explanation for how to blend sounds – not a song.
6. Digraph Rap – Cute way to explain digraphs.
5. Beginning Blends – Explains blends at the beginning of words, with great graphics.
4. Magic E with Ms. Jenny – This video explains how the silent e changes a short vowel into a long vowel sound.
3. At Family Song – Song version explanation for how to sound out at words.
2. The Big Pig Song – Wonderful song with good graphics for the ig family.
1. Super E – This video explains a silent e turning a short vowel into a long one with a cute, hiphop beat, and a GREAT explanation! This is my new favorite video and my kids love it too!